Cleaning Tips Los Gatos, CA
How to Choose Your Carpet Cleaner
There are lots of companies out there to choose from. Here are a few tips to ensure you receive the quality carpet cleaning you are looking for:
- Choose a professional company, one that is insured and guarantees their work.
- Choose an honest company you can trust, you can tell a lot over the phone or in person of what kind of service you are going to receive.
- Choose based on quality of work and not just the lowest price.
- Avoid companies with extremely low prices or deals that sound too good to be true. These companies are charging these lower prices because they do not have insurance or have out-dated equipment that does not get the job done correctly.
- Also be aware, many of these companies will quote you a great price just to get into your home. Once they are there and started to work they will up the price knowing you moved furniture or are having it cleaned for a specific reason only leaving you to pay way more than expected.
How often should you have your carpets be Professionally cleaned?
You want to have your carpets professionally cleaned every 9 months to a year. For a home with a lot of traffic, pets and/or children, you would want to have it done every 6 months to 9 months. For a home with carpet that does not have much traffic and is in good, overall condition, it can be cleaned once a year to ensure all the dust and environmental contaminates are cleaned out.
How to Maintain Carpets Between Professional Carpet Cleanings
First thing you need to do is vacuum regularly. This may be the single most important aspect of keeping your carpet maintained. It's also the easiest. Just try to do this at least once a week. If you can vacuum more often, great. One little item to know about vacuuming is that most of the suction power comes when you pull back on the vacuum. So make sure to push and pull your vacuum cleaner in multiple directions for the best results.
Place all your cleaning solutions, towels, sponges, etc. in a little bucket or caddy and store them away in a utility closet or someplace convenient for you. Doing this will help cut down on time when you have to clean up a spill or a pet accident. The faster you can get the area cleaned up the better chance you have of preventing a stain. A stain is what happens after a spill isn't cleaned up. And stains are a lot tougher to get out than a spill is to clean up.